Spiritual Questions- 9/50

Monday, June 26, 2017


"To what degree have you actually controlled the direction your life has taken?"

I think I've had a lot of control over where my life is at right now, whether that be a good or a bad thing I'm not so sure yet. Ever since graduating high school I made decisions for myself that have taken me places and have given me opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I made the choice to go to college and change my major a year in. Changing my major presented me with an opportunity to study in Italy one summer, an opportunity that I never would have had otherwise. That trip will forever be one of the greatest memories of my life.

I moved home after college and after working odd jobs made the decision to go back to school for the second time, because I thought I finally knew what I wanted to do. Now that I attempted school for the third time and made the decision to drop out, I think it's safe to say that I am done with school at this point.

I now have a great job that pays enough that I can actually do fun things every once in a while and not just pay my bills and barely get by. I know I am fortunate to have this job that allows me to do those things when many people do not have that luxury. 

We all have control over our lives, each one of our decisions has an impact on our lives be that small or lasting. But I do believe that some things are just out of our control and that's okay too. Learning to go with the flow and ride the waves that life throws at you is a part of the trip.

Love deeply xo

*Original questions found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS